Sunday, August 31, 2008

She can hold my caucus, but I wouldn't vote for her

After Obama selected Biden I read that the polls had he and McCain even, and I was going to write a blog asking is America serious but now I have to ask “Is John McCain serious”?
Did he really just spend the last few months telling anyone that would listen that Obama doesn’t have enough foreign policy experience or experience in general to lead the country, and then pick a VP with even less experience and even less foreign policy experience just so Hillary’s backers would swoon over the fact that a woman could easily control the most powerful position in the land, even though that woman has almost nothing in common with their chosen female candidate.
While, also, trying to use his choice to show how Un-washington he really is and how old guard Obama is by choosing Biden.
Perhaps the republican party will beat us over the head because she is a self made woman, a family woman, and possibly the first VPILF. Though I just found out that McCain was a prisoner of war, I would have thought they would have done a much better job of getting that out.
Good Job by McCain of taking away the momentum of the democratic party from the convention by electing a VP out of nowhere, but I’m interested to see his long term plan. For a man who can’t even remember how many houses he has, in his lust for the spotlight, he might have forgotten to make one. I’m hoping his shortsightedness will start moving those polls back where they were a few months ago.

No comments: