Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dear Chinese Women


I realize that you don't like to tan, and so use umbrellas to keep the sun off your body. That is a good idea. However, I would appreciate if you stopped hitting me in the face with them as you walk by me. 

Your umbrella, or parasol, is not an extension of your body. It can be moved. Lifting your hand up just a few inches when you walk by me will raise the umbrella over my head, while still keeping you shaded because it will still be over your head. We both win, You stay in the shade and I don't get hit in the face by the rods on your umbrella. 

Perhaps you don't like this option because it involves too much lifting, so let me suggests some other alternatives. merely turning your wrists will change the angle of the umbrella allowing me to pass easily under or around it. Or you could switch the hand that the umbrella is in when you pass me putting the umbrella a few more inches away from my face. 

I would appreciate it, 

Adrock

PS. I also realize that when everyone in the country has straight black hair, it is hard to set yourself apart from other women. I can easily see how dyeing your hair helps achieve this goal. However stop dyeing your hair blonde. It looks terrible. 


No comments: