Friday, September 12, 2008

Why I miss Tom Brady

I don't...


But for selfish reasons I wanted the New England Cheaters to be at full strength when we played them in the playoffs. As a Steeler fan, this decade has been defined by a Super bowl and two losses in AFC championship games to the Cheaters. The first loss was not a result of the Pats dominance but rather a game that swung rather drastically on special teams. (and while their were allegations of cheating, we dominated them on O and D in that game that unless they were taping our field goal blocking schemes, it didn't seem to help them) and the second loss was a massacre in Big Ben's first season at the helm when we were lucky to even get past the Jets. I'm not one for speculation and we lost both games. I don't need them back. But I've always felt the Steelers needed to beat the team that was keeping them from the Super Bowl.

In the steelers super bowl year the Broncos beat the Cheaters in the division round, so I could argue we beat the better team in the Broncos, but I would have rather had the Steelers get the monkey off their back by beating the Cheaters, the way the Colts were able to two years ago.

With Brady out suddenly the Cheaters look rather pedestrian, there aura is gone, and even if they were to get to the playoffs and we were to meet and play it wouldn't feel the same. Maybe Brady never comes back as the same player, the Pats never return to the level that they were at...the monkey remains.

No comments: