Monday, October 6, 2008

加油 钢人 加油

Sunday Night football is my new favorite thing because I get to watch the Lers in China live. and I couldn't have been happier. A depleted Lers squad showed me something going into the bye week for some much needed rest. We might quietly be a formidable team if we can ever get healthy, to get the kind of production we got from 4th string running backs and back-up line men has me feeling pretty good.
The O looked strong in the first half and the D looked great throughout though seemed to tire in the second when we couldn't move the ball at all and they had to stay on the field but they were legitamately a bullshit interference call in the endzone and an interception return away from holding jacksonville to 7-10 points.

Game Balls have to go to the chinese announcers for calling Big Ben, 大Ben (da, big in chinese if you didn't figure it out yet) the entire game and not giving in to Bill Simmons pleas to shorten it or say Ben Rothlisberger, (I can't figure out what he wants). Though the game ball gets taken right back because they chose to refer to melwelde moore by his last name instead of transliterating his first, which would have been a lot more fun to hear as he ate up the jacksonville D.

大Ben gets one too. I still can't believe how strong and how accurate that pass was when he was being drapped by a Jaguar on the final drive.Though I actually have come to expect it. Might be the only quarterback in the league that can make that play. Can the comparisons to Carson Palmer end now?

Got to give them to the D-Line, playing with only 4 players, I thought we weren't supposed to have any depth, Hoke and Kirshkie were all over the place, they were disrupting everything. when was the last time the jags didn't run all over us? Probably the last time we won.

Finally one goes to Nate Washington, you caught a pass!!!!!!!!!!!! more than one actually!!!!!!!!!! I don't even think you dropped one making it hard for me to make you my least favorite plater on the team. and then you restored the natural order of things by taking a taunting penalty because one of their coaches was intimating that you juggled the catch incomplete. Giving me a reason to be upset with you. Appreciate it.

No comments: